Operation Christmas Child has become an Annual Service Project for our Youth Ministry and the Confirmation program but everyone is welcome to become involved. We simply pack shoeboxes filled with gifts which are sent to children in need around, the world in time for Christmas. For the majority of these children, this one shoebox is the only gift they will receive all year. If you would like to help please start collecting small toys, school supplies, and hygiene items. You can make your own box or donate to our packing party on Sun. Nov. 12th Please call Theresa at 516-326-3401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like more information on how your group can be involved. We have pre-made boxes available to fill in the youth ministry office.
Directions for How to Pack a Shoebox:
- Decide whether you will pack a box for a girl or boy and chose an age category: 2-4 yrs, 5-9 yrs. or 10-14 yrs.
- Fill with gifts- Select a Medium size WOW Gift item such as a stuffed animal, or soccer ball with pump, then fill with other toys, hygiene items (soap, wash cloth, comb, etc.) and school supplies (pencils & paper are essential for a child to be eligible to attend school in some countries!)
- Pray for the child who will receive your gift. You can also include a personal note and photo.
- If you can donate $9 to ship your box, you can go online through Follow Your Box , and receive a shipping label that will track your box.
- Collection Week is the 3rd week ofNovember