As a direct result of this year’s pandemic we’ve had to rethink how we could run a safe and effective Giving Tree program for those that are in need this time of year. Our solution is to turn our physical Giving Tree into a virtual one. We can still help make the holidays brighter for the people we support.
How It Works & How You Can Help
- Read about the charities that the Giving Tree helps below.
- Choose the organization(s) that you would like to donate to.
- Visit the 2020 Giving Tree Wish List Here
Organizations That the Giving Tree Helps
- Advent Lutheran Church – Advent Lutheran serves dozens of families struggling financially in the community of Elmont.
- Birthday Wishes of Long Island – The mission of Birthday Wishes of Long Island is to improve and empower the lives of Long Island’s Homeless Children. Children are supplied with birthday parties and gifts in their birthday months. Your assistance will go to help the December birthday children!
- Family & Children’s Association – FCA’s mission is to protect and strengthen Long Island’s most vulnerable children, families, seniors and communities. FCA works in collaborative partnerships with Hempstead Police Department and the Nassau County District Attorney’s office. They rely on outreach workers, faith leaders, and community leaders to intervene in conflicts and promote alternatives to violence.
- Gateway Youth Outreach – Gateway Youth Outreach serves over 300 of the youth of the Sewanhaka School District. The outreach offers after school programs, counseling and recreational programs for all ages. They also begin employment programs at age 16.
- Hispanic Counseling Center – The mission of the Hispanic Counseling Center is to serve bilingual families to foster economic independence, offer counseling and prevention programs and educations services.
- Regina Maternity Services – Regina Residence is offered through Catholic Charities. The residence provides housing and support services for up to 10 pregnant and/or parenting young women and their children. Emphasis is placed on preparing young mothers for the challenges of working and parenting with a goal of teaching independent living.
- Our Lady of Miraculous Medal Gerald Ryan Outreach – Gerald Ryan Outreach is a parish social ministry office in Wyandanch serving hundreds of families each week who are struggling financially.
Please click here if you would like to donate gifts to one of the organizations listed above.
No time to shop or not comfortable shopping for the physical items? We will gladly accept gift card donations as well. Gift Cards may be dropped off directly at the Rectory, or there will be a Christmas Gift card collection following the masses on the weekends of Nov 28 & 29 and December 5 & 6.