Mission Statement: The purpose of Life Teen is to create an environment which leads high school students into a relationship with God through Jesus Chris and His Church
This mission is accomplished in Three Ways:
- Through celebration of the Eucharist
- Through the teachings of Christ and the Church
- Through an experience of being loved and accepted
Why Life Teen?
- Life Teen is spiritual. It helps to develop individual relationships with God as well as gives teens the best experience of all- the mass. Providing teens and their families with a liturgy geared towards their spiritual needs is the heart of the Life Teen movement
- Life Teen is educational. Teens need to hear the truth! Faithful to the Magisterium (the teaching authority of the Church), Life Teen teaches through creative presentations, interactive methods, bible studies, discussions and personal encounters with Jesus Christ.
- Life Teen is emotional. The atmosphere is open and loving! Life Teen provides an atmosphere where teens can express their feelings and experience the unconditional love of Christ through healthy relationships with one another, the core team, and the clergy.
- Life Teen is social. Building community is another important part about this movement. Life Teen helps teens become part of a community where everyone is invited to experience the fullness of life through fun and exciting activities.
Role of a Core Member
A core member is a dedicated volunteer who works with the clergy and youth minister. Core members lead teens to Christ by their example.
What is Edge?
Edge is the middle school youth ministry program. Edge provides a Catholic community where kids can get answers to their questions about faith, and, most importantly, to experience Jesus in a profound and personal way.