BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT GROUP
Bereavement Support group: Our Spring Bereavement Support Group is held
Thursday evenings from 7:30 -9:00pm beginning in early April at One Aberdeen
Road. Exact date will be announced soon. If you or someone you know has suffered a loss and would like to attend please call to register at (516)326-3403.
Rainbows for All God’s Children: A support group for children who suffered
any significant loss in their lives through death, divorce or any other
serious transition. Spring Sessions begin Sunday, March 10th. Meetings are
held Sunday mornings in the Notre Dame small cafeteria from 10am – 11:15am. A group for parents will also meet separately at the same time. For more information, please visit: http://notredamenhp.com/rainbows-for-all-gods-children or contact us at (516) 326-3403
Catholic Social Teaching Quote:
“Love ought to manifest itself in deeds rather than in words…. love consists in a mutual sharing of goods, for example, the lover gives and shares with the beloved what he possesses, or something of that which he has or is able to give; and vice versa, the beloved shares with the lover. Hence, if one has knowledge, he shares it with the one who does not possess it; and so also if one has honors, or riches. Thus, one always gives to the other.” – St. Ignatius of Loyola
The Social Ministry Office is looking for volunteers in the following ministries. Virtus training, a background check and volunteer forms are necessary for all Notre Dame volunteers. If you are interested or would like more information please call our office at (516) 326-3404. We are looking for the following Volunteers.
- SUPPORT GROUP VOLUNTEERS: In preparation for next year we are looking for volunteers who has had experience in any of the following situations:
- Caregiving and elderly care
- Divorced and Separated
- Loss of a family member
This coming year we are looking at expanding some of our support programs and developing some new ones. If you have experience in any of these situations and would like to consider facilitating our existing or developing support groups please contact the social ministry office. We will be offering training for anyone who would like to be part of this aspect of our ministry.
- DRIVING MINISTRY: We currently have a dedicated team of volunteers who take our seniors to medical appointments and to deliver food to the homebound community on a regular basis. We would truly appreciate any time you might be able to give to this worthwhile ministry. Your commitment would be totally according to your schedule.
- Caregiver Support Network: Being a caregiver is an often difficult and
lonely time in a person’s life. If you need assistance or have questions
about your loved ones you may join our network of Caregivers to share
resources and lend each other support. To learn more contact Social
- Visiting Ministry: We now have a Friendly Visiting Ministry to assist our
Homebound Seniors. Volunteers will pay monthly visits to the homebound to
socialize, keep them informed about community events. Play games together,
read and Pray.
- Families Giving Back: Families are coming together to work on Monthly
projects to help the community. Our Next projects is Monday, February 11th
in the Notre Dame Large Cafeteria. Families will be assembling Birthday
Party Boxes and Goody Bags for Birthday Wishes of Long Island. Contact
Social Ministry to sign up at (516) 326-3403. Volunteer packets must be
complete, as well as Virtus training.